It’s ironic to me that I don’t feel incredibly “sunshiney” today, but I choose to accept the recognition of my fellow bloggers rather than disagree. I am truly humbled by my friend James’ nomination of me for this award. Thank you, sir. I hope that my words and thoughts can continue to help you and others. Everyone should take a look at James’ Blog. He’s a fantastic writer with a big heart.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you in the post and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- List the Rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post.
- Dog or cat? I have a cat name Pyotyr Illyich Tchaikovsky (I call him Pete), but I love all animals.
- Your favorite novel and why? My favorite novel is Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card. That man has an incredible imagination, and I love the idea of travelling instantly across any distance with the help of an AI! Also, the monastic community that the title of the book references (The Children of the Mind of Christ) is something I’ve actually asked Mr. Card (and he has allowed me) to use in the future for my own monastic community some day. Not exactly the same, but I really love the concept of it.
- Your favorite movie of all time? Hmm…so many to choose! Of all time, though, currently I’d have to say Inside Out. I love that movie.
- Your ultimate dream to achieve in life? I’ve already achieved it. I found God.
- Barbecue or open pit fire to cook? Either, really, but I think an open pit seems cool.
- What would be your all time favorite concert to see? Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken doing a joint concert at least one last time. I loved their music together from Ampersand and I was sad that I couldn’t hear more of their voices making beautiful harmonies together.
- Best part of your day and why? The best part of my day is when I wake up to my cat licking my face and I look up to the sky, make a sign of the cross, and say, “Good morning, Lord.”
- If you could go to one place where would that be? Jerusalem. I want to walk where Yeshu’a walked more than anything in the world.
- What is your favorite blog of mine and why? I’ve only just recently started writing in my blog again and reading James’, but I really enjoyed “The Heat is Sizzling.” It helped me put my own problems into perspective and see that all things come from God, both hot and cold.
- Why do you enjoy writing your blog? I love people. I want to help people. I’ve spent enough time trying to help myself. I’ve got that figured out well enough, and I enjoy the opportunity to reach out to others in whatever way I can. I believe it is a commandment that I do so, but it is one I accept wholeheartedly.
- What does the Sunshine Blogging Award mean to you? To me, it means that my life has begun to show outward signs of change, even if some people (including myself) don’t always recognize that. I’ve been many kinds of people. I like to be this kind of loving person and increase in that love. I’d rather not be an “angry young man when [my] future looks quite bright to me.” (That’s Styx, by the way.)
Thank you for the opportunity to answer these questions and again for the nomination, James. Here are my nominees and 11 questions.
- Frank Solanki
- SoulWrite Empire’s Blog
- Empty Doses
- The Godly Chic Diaries
- Valerie Cullers
- iWrite…my love story!
- Something to Stu Over
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your favorite season, and why?
- Who is your favorite musical artist?
- What is your ultimate career goal?
- Where is your favorite place to visit?
- If you could have any type of pet, what would it be and why?
- Museum or amusement park?
- “The ends never justify the means.” Do you agree with this statement?
- What would be your advice to someone who has had their heart broken?
- What do you like most about writing in your blog?
- What do you like about my blog (and how could it improve?)
- What does the Sunshine Blogger Award mean to you?
I look forward to reading your responses, friends. Thank you for your kindness to me so far.